Sunday, April 09, 2006

Reminder: What I'm doing

As the month goes on, and the posts begin to scroll into the archives, I just want to remind folks what I'm doing here . . .

April is National Poetry Month. It is also the one year anniversary of this blog. I did not think that I could keep the blogging up for this long, but I have - which is a major milestone of sorts for me . . .

Anyway, this month I am doing the exercises found here:
The English Room: 30 Days of Poetry
http://www.msrogers.com/English2/poetry/30_days_of_poetry.htm

I do hope some of you will play along, if you can. I know the poetry I'm doing isn't the best, but having to come up with brilliant poetry everyday is pretty difficult - especially after a long day of work! I hope that at the end of the month, I will have the raw materials to be able work over some of these horrid little poems and make them a bit better. This exercise is instilling much better discipline in me to write everyday - with a topic to address, it does make things easier . . .

Wish me luck for Week 2!

No comments: