Monday, April 24, 2006

Poetry Day 24 - Bull Durham Creedo

Some friends of mine were talking about this just yesterday, so I thought is was very funny and appropriate that this subject came up today . . .

I believe in the kindness of strangers
The warmth found in the arms of one you care about
The joy found in another person’s smile
The optimism of children
The hopefulness of daydreams, of wishes, of coins in a fountain

But to live one’s life in fear, to follow the crowd, to do what’s expected
That’s not living

I believe in wishing on a star
I believe in wondering where the plane above is going
I believe in looking at the path ahead, excited by what is before you, searching for truth and beauty along the away

And I believe in second acts, second chances, third acts, third chances
Trying and failing and trying again
As long as it takes
That’s a life

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the post.

Today is my personal Smile Day :)