Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sunshine and Rain

. . . Tonight, 10 PM ET on Discovery Health, the show "Rebuilt" - if you watch you may see Mr. Random, he's on the subject's coed soccer team, they are all wearing orange team shirts. We haven't seen the show yet, but if you think you can pick out who Mr. Random is let me know and I'll tell you if you've guessed right. He would probably be very distinctive . . . the hint is the color of his socks . . .

. . . Things are fine between me and Mr. Random, Monday wasn't as dramatic as it sounded, although it seemed so at the time - it WAS a cranky day though. When you're working with your husband, everyday has the potential for drama as personal life sometimes seeps into the workday . . .

. . . I am overwhelmed with work transition stuff! What am I getting myself into? . . .

. . . ESL class went well last night - we are finally getting into a groove and the group is starting to gel. One of the students asked me about why "Flour, Flower, and Floor" all were spelled and sounded differently. Probably because they all come from different roots in different languages, I guessed, reiterating that "English makes no sense . . ."

. . . The air is so dry everywhere and it is driving me simply bats. My throat is constantly starting to bother me and I am getting sick of liquids and cough drops . . . I wouldn't mind a little humidity now and then to break up all of this recirculating air . . .

. . . For Lent, I am giving up anything "chip-related" - no potato chips, Doritos, tortilla chips . . . anything of that sort. I was pretty good about it last year, but in the last few months I've been downing chips like no tomorrow . . . this will be a good transition to help me get into shape for the spring and running season . . .

Hope everyone's weeks are going well! If you celebrate Lent, please share what you are doing for it, if anything . . .

No comments: