Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Random Kath's Spring Reading List


Yesterday, I promised to list the books for you that I currently have on my nightstand, just waiting to be read:

Ways of Seeing – John Berger
On Photography – Susan Sontag
How to Look at Everything – David Finn
The Language Police – Diane Ravitch
The Sound on the Page – Ben Yagoda
House Thinking – Winnifred Gallagher
Home: A Short History of an Idea – Witold Rybczynski
The Year of Magical Thinking – Joan Didion
The Crimson Petal and the White – Michel Faber

Only one of the books, The Crimson Petal, is fiction (and good and trashy fiction, at that!). The first four books are borrowed, either from the library or from a friend, so those need to be read within the next few weeks. There is a definite grouping to some of my choices. Berger, Sontag, Finn. Ravitch and Yagoda. Gallagher and Rybczynski. I’ll try to keep you up to date on what I’ve read and let you know if I’ve added any more.

Remember, this is just a small fraction of the books I have that are just waiting to be read. I have another bookcase-and-a-half of things I need to read – both fiction and non-fiction.

If anyone else has a bunch of books they are going to read this spring, please share your list in the comments – I’d love to see what other people are reading and what subjects you are interested in . . .

No comments: