Monday, October 29, 2007

What's the Buzz? Tell Me What's A Happenin'

Tree of Knowledge tagged me for a meme, and normally I would be all over it, but the problem is that my brain is having trouble with the concept at the moment and it seems WAY complicated for my little brain right now. I do thank Tree for the lovely mention though!

The Birthday Party – Mr. Random and I decided to get little P a fuzzy soft rabbit hand-puppet and a set of “Elephant and Piggy” books by Mo Willems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Willems). We LOVE Mr. Willems’ work, being fans of his sadly long departed “Sheep in the Big City” series. He also wrote for Sesame Street from 1993-2002.

The party . . . well, it was a one year old’s birthday party. P was oblivious to what was going on, didn’t care about the presents, was just happy to play with his ball and his trucks. These sorts of parties are just for the grown-ups, I think, although C & L did not seem to be having that great of a time, running around after the 4 little kids and making sure there was enough to eat and everyone was happy. L especially did not have time to finish any of her sentences. We will have to go see them again in a less frantic environment . . .

My sister is here! Yay! She has not done much besides sleep the past couple of days, but it was a rough trip over here. We drove down to visit my grandma yesterday, and my grandma was so happy to see her. We will play each day by ear. Her birthday is on Wednesday, so Mr. Random and I are going to take her out for some sushi – which is stuff they definitely don’t have in Iraq . . .

I have more to post, but if I don’t post now, it’ll be DAYS. I hope everyone had wonderful weekends!

4 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

Thank you for your good wishes. How nice. I had a lovely weekend, thank you, all the more so because I'm in the middle of a half term break from the school where I teach. (I think you call it mid semester or mid term break?)
Drop by and visit my blog some time. You'll be very welcome.

mommanator said...

WOW sis is there! Great for her, I bet she really needs sleep where she isn't disturbed! Glad she's back!
Sounds like you forgot school for the weekend-good job

Random Kath said...

Leigh: Welcome! So glad you found your way here!How awesome that you are getting published next year - I am always in such awe of people who can get it together and actually WRITE. What part of the UK are you from?

Mommanator: oh, yes - work and school were put on the back burner for the weekend, which was rare and very nice.

CS said...

You don't see many Jesus Christ Superstar references! Glad your sister is here, home and safe.