Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Ten Second Random Movie Review

Photo by James Devaney - © WireImage.com - Image courtesy WireImage.com

Saw the new George Clooney movie, Michael Clayton, over the weekend. It was playing in only one theater in the area – I read that it only opened in 15 theaters in the country this week - and it will open wider within the next few weeks.

I don’t see that many movies, but darn it, I really liked this movie. It is a really gripping drama and you have to pay close attention through the whole thing. It isn’t violent, but in some ways it is disturbing and it will make you think a bit. If you like fast-paced action movies, this isn’t one of those.

I can’t really talk about the plot without giving some stuff away, but you can easily search for info online. George Clooney and Tom Wilkinson were awesome and Tilda Swinton was very believable as a General Counsel who is in way over her head. I identified with the insecurity way too much . . .

The scene that most disturbed me in the film, was a scene that happened much too quickly – but that was the whole point of it, I think . . .

If you like this kind of movie, please do go see it and support this sort of thoughtful film. And George doesn’t look too bad in it either . . .


1 comment:

mommanator said...

I could look at George all the time and he could plant his shoes under my bed any day!