Wednesday, April 27, 2005

. . . Another Call Done, 8 More to Go

My conference call is over and actually went pretty well. I’m not the best moderator because I don’t know how to tell people that they should kindly SHUT UP. You know - the sort of folks that commandeer a conference call with their minor insights on random things? Actually, I do think of things to say to them, but they would probably get me fired. But this month’s call, we had several guest speakers and a lot of important information to get out, so it was not as much of a problem.

 

Main point of call

 

  • Changes to Medicare Part D = BAD
  • Medicare recipients who need medications = SCREWED
  • CMS’s outreach efforts to notify everyone about the changes in this important program = SUCKY. A message in a bottle thrown into the Pacific Ocean would inform people more effectively than what they are doing right now.

 

. . . To blow off steam, I am now reading the Television Without Pity review of last week’s The Apprentice. Yes, I actually do watch that show and yes, I actually enjoy it. I was bummed when Bren was fired, but you could tell he didn’t want to go through the hassle anymore – he purposely said the one thing that you knew Trump would fire him for. Yes, he was kind of sleazy, but given the folks who are left, he could have had a shot. Tana will probably go all the way unless she gets way too cocky – which it looks like has been happening the past few weeks. Craig is an idiot, especially the way he talks down to Kendra – if I were Kendra, I would have slapped him for his dripping condescension by now. Kendra seems kind of whiny and immature, but she does have some serious skills. Alex – ugh! I don’t even want to go there. He’s just all show. He thinks he’s the total Schwartz though . . .

 

Time to start winding down here at the office. Have choir practice tonight and hope to get some knitting in before bedtime, that is if I don’t fall asleep on the couch by 9:45 like I did last night. J

No comments: