Thursday, February 22, 2007

Another Night at the Phone Booth





It’s so weird – I’ve lived in the DC area for umpteen years and had never been to the Verizon Center, and this week I’ve been TWICE . . .

Observations from tonight’s Washington Wizards basketball game:

The basketball court was a LOT smaller than I thought it would be. It seemed so tiny compared to what you see on TV.

I was surprised how close the seats are to the court and all of the walking around and activities going on during the game. It’s like there was a circus going on and there happened to be a basketball game going on in the middle of it. People just kept walking back and forth to their courtside seats – I was surprised someone didn’t bump into the players or try to steal the ball from the court.

I’ve never seen so many promotional activities in my life, and I’ve gone to a lot of baseball games . . .

The Wizards were up by SIXTEEN at one point during the game – at the end, Sacramento threw up what looked like a 3 pointer to tie the game at the buzzer, but the refs had to look at the replay a few times to see if it was a two pointer or if it didn’t count at all. We stood there in shock for a few moments and then it was announced that the Wizards won. I didn’t really understand all that was going on, but the last five minutes were greatly unnerving . . .

In the end, a good time was had by both myself and Mr. Random . . . I love these little diversions!

No comments: