Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thanks, Everyone!

I want to thank everyone for the lovely birthday wishes! Do you know that about 20 people have told me that I can run for President now? :-)

I want to say a happy welcome to all the new folks who have stopped by my meager blog the past few days.

I started to do a longer, more thoughtful post earlier this morning, but I’ve been horribly distracted all day and couldn’t coherently complete my thoughts. I think I am coming down with another cold . . . I just have that exhausted, stuffy, cloudy feeling that usually comes before I get fully sick.

But you will get a poem today from one of my favorite authors, Dorothy Parker - just because . . .

Observation

If I don't drive around the park,
I'm pretty sure to make my mark.
If I'm in bed each night by ten,
I may get back my looks again,
If I abstain from fun and such,
I'll probably amount to much,
But I shall stay the way I am,
Because I do not give a damn.

1 comment:

Virginia Gal said...

Love the poem - feeling in a "buck the system" kinda mood myself!