Friday, October 14, 2005

Lite n’ Easy . . .

Yesterday, I had a bunch of heavy-duty thoughts . . . today will be the easy, breezy “weekend’s coming” edition . . .

Martha Apprentice: I only saw the last half hour, but am bummed that Dawn got fired. However, I’m not too sad because I thought that Dawn was one of the few actual sane peple on the team, and was probably thought of as a huge threat to everyone, therefore they had to get her off. She will probably do much better without the stupid show anyway . . .she seems to have her stuff together.

Trump Apprentice: I was so happy to see Toral gone. She didn’t even try to be a team player, and Rebecca was right that she should have stepped up to be the project manager after last week’s fiasco. It also really annoyed me that she pulled the excuse that she didn’t want to get into the costume for religious reasons way after the task was over. Now, if she had stated that up front, it wouldn’t have been as big a deal as her just saying that she didn’t want to do it for “personal reasons.” I got the feeling that she thought that wearing a costume was beneath her Wharton-educated self. Meanwhile, on the guys’ team, one of the biggest, macho-est guys didn’t mind dressing up as a woman to get the task done. I wonder what Toral thought of that? (I also thought it was funny when they suggested that he wear “duct tape.” I would have given him a poufy skirt so that skin tight would not be so much of a problem.

Towards the end, the girls did sound a bit intolerant of Toral’s religion excuse, but I don’t think it was as much intolerance (although, I do think it played a role) as that Toral seemed to be fishing for excuses, and didn’t seem to want to step up on the task to contribute to a team win . . . which was doubly annoying since she sucked on the previous week’s task . . .

Today’s poem I picked because the Random household did have plums in the fridge this week, and yes, I did just eat the last one this morning . . . and it was yummy, too!

This Is Just To Say
by William Carlos Williams

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Virginia Gal said...

So concur about Toral - see my blog for the whole rant, but glad she is gone!