Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Now Accruing Diminishing Marginal Returns

Bummer, my post count is going to be terribly low this month, and I had just started churning them out on a regular basis before all of this school stuff started . . .

So much to do, much to think about.

I got a “B” on my first Econ paper, which I was very happy with considering I hadn’t written a true school paper in about 16 years. Yay! Have two exams next week though, one on Thursday night and one on Friday morning, which will not be fun at all . . .

I am still having a bit of trouble feeling like I fit in somehow in the whole school environment. It is a bit lonely when leaving class sometimes – I’m not a grad student or a teacher or even one of the young undergrads at this point – and sometimes I think, my, it would be nice to hang out with someone or a group to have lunch, rather than just grab my bags and make my way home. There really isn’t a “returning students’” club on campus either, which probably would be a great idea for me. But I don’t want to be the one to start one . . . I know too well how much work that takes, starting a group from scratch and trying to nurture it long enough so it will run on its own. I just don’t have the energy for that right now, even though I could desperately use it . . .

I am lucky to have Mr. Random and my friend J and you all to talk to, but I would like to expand my network of folks again, even though I have even less time to do so . . .

Life at the Random Non-profit continues to be not fun at all, but it gives me enough flexibility to go to class 2 days a week, so I must hold on for at least another year . . .

Just wanted to check in . . . I hope you all are doing well!

1 comment:

CS said...

A good friend network is important, no matter how busy you are. Good luck with making the time for yourself.