Tuesday, September 25, 2007

In the Land of the Orange Construction Cone

Right behind the Random Condo, construction of some set of residential buildings is now underway.

The days that I am in class in the morning, I work from home in the afternoon. My new “den” is in the guest room, since Mr. Random has hogged both desks in our tiny den with his grad school work. I DO like my little office of sorts, I have this awesome dark wood, tall, expandable table with a faux leather pub chair that is very comfy to sit in for long periods – perfect for writing and studying . . .

Anyway, my new desk looks out of the guest room window, so I can see the men moving dirt back and forth all day long.

I have no idea what they are doing now, but whatever they are doing is making our entire building shake – and it is the most disconcerting feeling in the world to be sitting at your desk typing and feel this constant low tremor . . .

It IS fascinating to watch the plows and tractors and rollers go by . . . to watch the bricklayers and vinyl siding guys and roofers doing their work. I don’t get very distracted by their work – I’m pretty good at focusing on the screen before me – but occasionally I will look up and there is this wonderful ballet of sorts going on outside . . .

I have to take these odd moments as they come and appreciate them for what they are . . .

2 comments:

mommanator said...

AH a little eye candy for the thinking process! LOL

CS said...

I love watching construction - al those giant machines are amazing to me.