Monday, June 04, 2007

Monday Morning Kvetch and Moan

I’m dragging my feet on something that I really need to finish in the next two days. Once I finish it, I can let the chips fall where they may – however, I am petrified of finishing it because if I finish it, it means I may be rejected, and I hate rejection . . .

Wait. As I was writing that sentence, I realized how stupid and silly that was – if I get rejected, I’ll just move on to something else. I may feel a bit ashamed that others may know about my failure, but in the grand scheme of things, that is really not important. I mean, this step will allow me to move forward and if I don’t do it, I’ll NEVER move forward.

I have to finish by tomorrow night. I’m writing this for all and sundry to see.

Yes, this is horribly vague – all will be revealed in time, I promise!

I am really dreading this week – I’m really dreading this conference and being “on” all the time and being exhausted at the end of 14 hour days. I will be so happy when Sunday is here. What happens after the conference? Well that’s another kettle of fish I’ll have to deal with then . . .

I had a very busy, but cranky, weekend. I needed to do some shopping on Saturday, but Mr. Random had the car all day due to some miscommunication about scheduling on our parts. Went out on Sunday and got a few things, but I’m just going to have to cobble some outfits together for the conference and hope I don’t look too worn and haggard . . .

Man, I’m just a bundle of joy today. This waking up earlier thing has thrown off my whole internal body clock . . . I’ll just have to get used to it . . .

I did a trial run of walking to work and back on Saturday afternoon. Wearing t-shirt, shorts, sneakers, and only carrying a small bottle of water, it was a very hilly path and I was hot and worn out by the time I got to the office. If I do this during the workweek, it will probably be to just walk home, because walking to work on these humid DC summer mornings will just mean Random Kath gets to work a sweaty, smelly mess. There is also a bus route along the way that only costs $1 each way, so if worse comes to worse I could do that. Mr. Random also said I could drive him into town and drop him off and just come get him in the evenings, which would save on the parking costs (his new office is not near the metro at all). That is also an option . . .

I’ll try to have a more upbeat post later this evening, when I’m procrastinating horribly . . .

No comments: