Friday, March 30, 2007

“If you’re bored with yourself, imagine how I feel”

On my desk sits a New Yorker daily cartoon calendar and a cartoon showed up this week with the tagline above. You know the one, the husband and wife walking down the city street, the wife turning to the husband with a smug look on her face . . .

It seems to fit – I can imagine Mr. Random grouching that to me (although he wouldn’t, because he’s an awesome guy – but he COULD, there is cause . . .)

I’m not bored with myself, per se, but I am hankering to get out of my rut. Spring is usually the time when I try something new, throw something different into the mix – take a class of some sort, start some new projects . . .

I have one project that I could work on, which I hope to write about more this weekend. There’s a Shakespeare Festival going on in DC until June and my friend, J, has made it a project to read all of Shakespeare’s plays. That’s a cool idea, though with everything else going on, I don’t think I will be able to keep up with my friend. It’s a noble goal, though, one that I’m going to try as best I can. I’ve already recently read Twelfth Night and Much Ado About Nothing, and to keep it low key I’m just going to read random plays whenever the mood strikes me: sometimes it may be a comedy, sometimes a tragedy, sometimes a history play . . .

I still have the nice new yarn to start knitting a baby blanket, and I guess I could start any time, but for this one I think I’ll only feel motivated when and if I myself am actually pregnant . . .

There are some cycling/spinning classes at the local Y that I have been looking into, and I hope to start those next week. Oh, and swimming lessons too . . . but let’s see how committed I can be to the cycling classes first before coughing up extra money for swim lessons.

I still have stacks of books to read and the piles keep growing. I’ll try to show you the stacks when I get a moment . . .

Anyway, the Spring and Summer are full of possibilities, I just have to get off my duff and do something – anything, really . . .

What do YOU want to do this Spring?

2 comments:

Eric Grubbs said...

Get a book deal, turn on the AC and start a new job. And that's in no order.

CS said...

Convince the landlord to put screens in my windows so I don't have to use the AC, hike a bunch, spend time with friends, eat lots of good food, take the kids to the beach.