Monday, June 26, 2006

Trying to Cut Through the Fog

The thing about not writing on your blog for several days is that when you do have time to write, you can’t because you want your next post to be so weighty and well-thought out that you get too freaked out to write.

That’s where I am right now . . .

My mind has been a muddled mess the past few days. Things at work have not let up much since after the conference and there are all of these weighty problems to solve. I am tired. I am taking off the last week of July and the first week of August, but we aren’t going anywhere, which bums me out to no end. There is plenty to do and explore here in the DC area, and I never tire of that, but I would like to go somewhere else and just chill-out for a while . . .

Now that Mr. Random is going to grad school, money is going to be a bit tighter than it already was, which will put a crimp in many travel pans I had. We’re very, very excited mind you – this is an awesome opportunity for him – he is one of 17 chosen for a program that gets hundreds of applicants. It will just be a little more hectic than usual and we’ll be taking on a bit more debt, but it will make Mr. Random much happier in the long run, and that’s what counts.

Everything is just so overwhelming . . . please send some happy vibes for me to calm down a bit . . .

3 comments:

Virginia Gal said...

Sending you happy thoughts - I'm going to put my thinking cap on and see if I can't find you some really cheap travel plans. DC is fun but travel is equally exciting.
Congrads to Mr. Random on the grad program!

Tree of Knowledge said...

happy vibes happy vibes :)

Merci said...

{{{{Happy vibes}}}} just for you (and Mr. Random).

Don't worry about writing deep, imposing posts. We like hearing from you, even if it's just a, "Hi."