Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rock On With Your Bad Self

The local classic rock station is doing “30 years in 30 days,” and today's theme is 1986. The station is playing a lot of songs from REM’s “Life's Rich Pageant,” which is one of my all time favorite albums – I think I wore out my original cassette tape playing it so much. Earlier they played “Begin the Begin” and it took all the willpower I had to not start rocking out to it at work.

I remember seeing REM in concert during the “Green” Tour around 1989/1990 at the Hampton Coliseum. It was one of the best concerts I’d been to up to that point. I’m not a big fan of their newer work . . . I guess because I associate such happy feelings with their earlier works, their later works leave me a bit cold . . . I’ll have to revisit them again I think . . .

Are there any albums that you just love, love, love and give you very happy memories? What was the best concert that you have ever attended?

2 comments:

Virginia Gal said...

Which radio station in DC is doing this?

I loved my New Kids on the Block Summer Magic concert tour - one of the best nights of my life ever!

Random Kath said...

Virginia Gal - It's 94.7 WARW. Today is 1988 . . . it's rather fun to listen to, except for a lot of the "hair bands" stuff, and sometimes some of the stuff gets a little tedious, but there are quite a few songs that I hadn't heard in a really long time.