Thursday, December 08, 2005

Brushes with Celebrity

I haven’t received a Secret Santa clue for today. How sad! I’ve come to depend on their vagueness to brighten my day. Hope I get one tomorrow.

My clue to my person today . . . and it was a stretch . . .
Your Secret Santa witnessed the filming of the movie, “Trading Places,” and the TV shows, “Nash Bridges” and “The West Wing.”
The backstory: When I was going to school at Doogie Howser in Philly, they filmed the outdoors of the police station scene in “Trading Places” across the street from us. I only watched for a few minutes, because I had no idea who Jamie Lee Curtis or Eddie Murphy were at that point . . . I wasn’t allowed to stay up real late, so I didn’t know that Eddie Murphy was HUGE in Saturday Night Live then . . .

Fast forward to 1997. Was in San Francisco on business, and Don Johnson and his crew were filming a scene around the corner from my hotel. I even got to take some blurry pictures of Don Johnson, wearing a kind of bright dark orange suit. Dude, the 80’s were so over at that point! . . .

Fast forward a couple of more years, I was working at an association on N Street downtown. They blocked off the whole street one morning to shoot an exterior walking scene with Rob Lowe and the guy who plays Toby (whose name I can never remember.) Rob Lowe stood right in front of us! We got to see him eating his breakfast . . . and ugh, we got to see him eating eggs with his mouth open. Eeewww!

Now I have to think of another clue . . .

1 comment:

Virginia Gal said...

No sightings of Ben Affleck, who I loved (before he married that stupid Jennifer Garner)?