Monday, October 13, 2008

How Noble is the Nobel?

This is going to sound really geeky, but I was super-excited to hear the Paul Krugman, the New York Times columnist, blogger and Princeton professor, received this year’s Nobel Prize in Economics.


http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/14/business/economy/14econ.html


I have been reading his column for a long time, been following his blog, and started reading his books for one of my econ classes last semester. His writing is accessible, full of common-sense and has an element of speaking truth to power – which, as someone grappling with learning economics and trying to associate what she learns in ways that can help the greater good, has made him quite a role model for me.


So yay Dr. Krugman! Thus ends the geek portion of today’s blogging . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, good for him, and I think everyone should have their areas of "geekiness."

Virginia Gal said...

Well I am happy that someone you knew and read and enjoyed won, usually I haven't a clue except the Peace prize winner.

mommanator said...

hey there you OK/ I know busy, but say a little something, it doesnt have to be profound or anything like thta I miss you