Monday, May 26, 2008

Just One Person . . . A Muppet Tribute

A week and a half (or so) ago was the anniversary of Jim Henson's death. There was a very moving remembrance posted over at Edge of the American West at that time, and I highly recommend you go look at it . . . and bring a hanky.

To have grown up in the late 60s, 70s and 80s, was to be touched by this man's humor and genius. Those of us of a certain generation will always hold his work close to our hearts. I know I do.

The songs I've embedded here are some of my favorites. The first one I sang in choir in elementary school, I think, or was it one of the early Doogie Howser MS/HS years? Whatever . . . I love them all . . .





4 comments:

mommanator said...

I love'd all those songs and although realy not a muppet watcher have seen all those performed in think when original!
That Henson really did some magic with his puppets!

citizen of the world said...

From Sesame Street to the Muppet show, I grew up with these guys.

2bestrong said...

AAh the good ol'e days. Remember the Muppet Movie(s)??
Great post.

Random Kath said...

Thanks for commenting, you all! :-)