Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Trying Not to Carbo Load

I’m feeling rather needy today. More stupid stuff going down at the Random Non-profit – some other people are leaving, which will leave huge holes in the organization – and I am just getting tired of dealing with it all and having it infiltrate my brain. I’m just kind of numb. I’m trying to do my job, but it does seem that no matter how much a person does or how hard one works, it all comes for naught in the end. It is very, very discouraging.

I need a hug or three . . .

In happier news, I got a B+ in my Econ class for last semester, which I guess is pretty good, but I’m aiming for an A this semester, that’s for sure!

I start teaching ESL again next week. Yay! I’m teaching a different, more advanced level this time, so I’m a bit nervous about that. I’m hoping to get some of the materials ahead of time so I can start planning my lessons this weekend. I can’t wait to have students again – no matter how crappy my day is, at least by teaching I’m trying to make a little difference in the world. It can be frustrating, but it is still a wonderful feeling to have . . .

It also turns out that Mr. Random may be going to one of the political conventions this summer for the Random Publication. That’s such a great opportunity for Mr. Random! I won’t be going because I won’t have a press pass and I don’t want to just sit in a hotel room for umpteen hours a day . . .

My friend J and I are going to do a self-paced art course on Saturdays, which should be fun. I get to be an artist again! Also, it should keep my creative juices flowing and give me something else to look forward to during the week.

I am doing better with my eating so far this year, but the stress at work is really threatening my willpower. I’m trying to eat less starchy carbs and more veggies and proteins. If I eat a lot of bread, pasta or chips, I can feel my mood change quite a bit, so I’m trying to stay away from all that as best I can. However, if I’m stressed, I tend to go directly towards the salty chips, the quick bowl of pasta or the mound of mashed potatoes . . . and I need to watch that. For example, last night for dinner I had nachos – which are not at all healthy, but they were darn tasty after a crappy day. I have to minimize my stress eating a lot more . . . I’m not perfect, but I am trying . . .

I hope everyone is having a good week. Many happy vibes to you all!

3 comments:

mommanator said...

My daughter has put us on sugar busters-like it or not. don't think it will hurt any of us! for sure!
Art class seems fun-you aren't taking on more are you! just asking.
So here's HUGGS & HUGGS FOR taday & tomorrow!

CS said...

Three hugs to you, Kath!

Virginia Gal said...

oh I'm so jealous of Mr. Random, I am dying to go a Democratic national convention, they look like so much fun!

Hugs to you and a big rock on for the B+ in Econ, that is a VERY tough subject!