Friday, November 09, 2007

You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Hey, everyone! I know it’s been a quiet week here on the blog, but much has been going on:

Hanging out with my sister. I took this week off in order to be available to spend some time with my sister, who is here on leave from Iraq. We hung out on Monday and Wednesday, going to various malls, doing window shopping and eating lots of yummy food. I do believe I’ve gained some tonnage, which I’ll have to work on over the next month. (Yes, Thanksgiving is going to be a challenge.) My sister is going to New York City with my parents for the weekend and will return on Sunday evening, after which she’ll be on a plane back to Iraq Monday morning. Even though she was hopping around the universe this visit (splitting her time between all of the family members) I am still quite grateful for the time we were able to spend together. I will be beyond worried once she goes back – so please send many protective vibes her way as she makes her way back . . .

School stuff: I’ve seen the class schedules for next semester and it looks like things are not going to work out well for me. I am either going to have to miss more work or give up the classes. I can’t reduce my hours any further in my current position – I’ve already missed a lot of important things going on and my boss has been beyond flexible as it is – but the way the classes are shaking out, they are all at odd and random hours and some are on different campuses. I have a lot of thinking to do about what I want to happen next year and how it will proceed. We need money, you know? But at the same time, I feel like I’m on a roll and need to see this through – if I don’t continue with school now, it’s never going to happen. I’m not ever going to finish. I KNOW this deep in my soul. And I don’t want that at all . . . I am just . . . really confused and sad . . .

So that’s where I am right now. It seems like there are constantly things coming up to worry about, which isn’t making me happy right now. I was hoping to have the luxury of having my schedule set for next semester, allowing me time to work out my employment situation satisfactorily, but of course, that ain’t going to happen. I am going to try to enjoy the long weekend and try not to stress so much over the next few days.

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: