Sunday, November 26, 2006

Twice in One Day!

I'm going to Philadelphia on a business trip tomorrow - in and out all in one day, so sadly I can't try and hook up with any local folks that I would love to see - I won't even be able to stop at the ever amazing Reading Terminal Market and get some of that fabulous Amish egg nog that I adore.

The weekend is over and I'm still a bit of a funk. I have a TON to do this week - classes on Tuesday and Thursday, Choir practice Wednesday, Mr. Random's Grad school reception on Friday night. I feel a bit overwhelmed and not rested enough.

I have a major desire to go to a fancy dress party - you know one of those holiday parties where you wear a little black dress and there is a good, jazzy band and dancing and a cash bar. I'm getting tired of potlucks and jeans and sweaters. I want to get all dolled up and have that feeling of excitement and anticipation . . .

OK, so most of the time I always felt left out and like a wallflower when I was at those things, but the last few I went to I actually had a blast. The trick is to bring your own group of friends and not care about who else is there . . . for some reason you tend to meet more people that way, go figure . . .

I had a couple of friends over for dinner on Friday night - dinner didn't quite turn out they way I'd hoped, but the guys still seemed to really enjoy the food - especially the leftover cheesecake. The only troubling thing is that they left rather early - one friend declared that 10:15 was past his bedtime - and the rest of us were rather eager to go one playing our games. Mr. Random and I are still puzzling over that one, but I hope everything is OK . . .

The holiday season has started and I have not been able to order presents yet, which makes me very unhappy. The money has to go towards other, more important things at the moment. I am one of those people who LOVES buying presents for people and the funding problem is just killing me. I am hoping things aren't impossible to get in a few weeks, but I am afraid they will be . . .

Trying to keep my chin up . . . hopefully the week will get better!

No comments: