Friday, January 20, 2006

Spotlighting a Few Blogs

I’m still in a cranky mood . . . I actually typed up a long post yesterday about how cranky I felt, and how I don’t know why I’m still stressed out and unhappy even after the stupid conference is over . . . but I didn’t want to inflict more random, unfocused mutterings on you all, so I shared with you the poem instead.

Today, I’ll highlight some blogs that have caught my fancy . . .

*For a moment of contentment, stop by A Good Place for a Cup of Tea and a Think. (http://russelldavies.typepad.com/ateaandathink/) Russell Davies has a couple of new places up there. Pretend for a moment to pull up a chair and sit with a good book and a hot chai in some of these lovely spots . . .

*Virginia Gal’s friend, Molly Malone, has a blog (http://redheadedrover.blogspot.com/) and there I was introduced to The Cool Hunter (http://www.thecoolhunter.net/) where there is a plethora of interesting new stuff to see everyday. The Pick of the Week is static, so you have to scroll down past it to see new items . . .

*Another noteworthy blog is Jefitoblog (http://www.jefitoblog.com/blog/) – awesome music reviews and random stuff from this graphic designer/music critic. I learn something new every time I visit, or hear something I hadn’t thought about/heard in a long time. The mp3s don’t stay up too long, so you have to catch them while they’re up . . .

*I’d also like to take a moment to note the demise of our dear Anonymous Rowhouse. Not Justrose, of course – she is alive and well and doing spectacular things for herself and her family – but I will miss reading her musings everyday. She is the one who inspired me to start my own blog, and I have since gained an amazing appreciation for her writing and output . . . if I could be just a quarter as good as she, I will be quite the happy girl . . .

*In other blog news, Drink at Work is back up again after several weeks of blog problems. Yay! By the way, I think Ces and Carol are the coolest NYC couple ever . . .

If anyone has knows of any new blogs that ya’ll think I should check out, please let me know . . . I’m always on the lookout for cool, new reads!

No comments: