Saturday, December 30, 2006

On the Sixth Day of Christmas . . .

It’s been a busy and wonderful week.

It is sad that the vacation is almost over, since it has taken me all this time to FINALLY feel relaxed and content. Only a few more days and then it’s back to the grind . . .

Mr. Random got a video iPod for Christmas from my parents (my “elves”) and he has been happily fiddling with it ever since. I also got him the remastered Beatles “Love” CD, and it has been getting quite a bit of play here at the Random Household.

On Boxing Day, we had a couple of good friends over for lunch and a couple of games of Scrabble. It was a very fun and low key day . . .

Wednesday was a lazy day –Mr. Random is still sick and I was very tired, so not much happened besides sleeping and reading.

Thursday, we made a brave trek out to Tysons Corner Center mall, where we found that the Asian restaurant we enjoyed there had folded – I don’t even think it lasted a year! We had driven all the way out there in anticipation of a yummy soup and sushi meal and had to settle for TGIFriday’s – very disappointing. After lunch, we walked around a bit and spent our gift cards on books and jigsaw puzzles. Mr. Random also bought new shoes (much needed!) and a new watch (also much needed!).

Yesterday, my sister came to visit and we all went out for Ethiopian food at Zed’s in Georgetown. She had never had Ethiopian food before and seemed to be enjoying the experience. After the huge meal, we went walking up and down M Street, looking in all of the store windows while my sister marveled at the crowds of people on the streets – the streets don’t get anywhere near that crowded in the West Texas town in which she’s stationed.

I’ll post later about the wonderful things I received . . . I just was feeling bad that I hadn’t updated the blog all week, but you all were thought about often . . .

No comments: